7 Wellness Tips For Seniors
Here at Visiting Hearts Home Care, we want our senior citizens to stay healthy and active for as long as they can! Below are 7 wellness tips for the elderly that will help them to live a longer and more fulfilling life.
- Always eat healthy: Remember that as you get older, your digestive system slows down. Pack your diet with a wide range of fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water.
- Be active: As long as you can, move around! Walk, swim, and jog. Exercise is not only beneficial physically, but also improves our mental and emotional health.
- Don’t skip out on sleep: No matter how old or young you are, sleep is always a very important factor. It builds the immune system, reduces stress, improves memory, lowers blood pressure, improves your mood and so much more.
- Stay social: Spend as much time as you can with your family and friends. If you have grandchildren, ensure they visit you regularly. Children tend to make us feel much happier. Even if some of your family members and friends are not close by, use the variety of apps available (Whatsapp, Skype etc) to keep in touch.
- Enjoy sex: Alright this might be a bit out there, but just because you are old does not mean you cannot still participate in this activity. It is still beneficial!
- Try and prevent falls: Try and keep your home safe by removing loose carpets, wires that are in the way, crooked steps etc. In the night, ensure the house is well lit so you can see where you are going. Getting a fall in old age can prove to be very serious, even life threatening.
- Always get regular checkups: Even when you are feeling fine, be sure to remember to visit your dentist and your physician. They can alert you of anything that may be going wrong and help you to keep healthy.
Why You Should Book Visiting Hearts Home Care
There are many options around when it comes to home health care and you may be wondering what is the best option for you or your family member. We are here to give you not one but five reasons why Visiting Hearts Home Care is the best option for you.
- Our company take the time to match you with a Care Partner that suits your needs. If you need to change your Care Partner we try to do it as quickly as possible. Your happiness is our top priority!
- We have had years in the field making us credible, reliable, and experienced. Our goal here at Visiting Hearts Home Care is to give the level of support that enables our residents to have as much independence as possible with care and respect.
- We ensure that we provide the best Care Partners possible. Our Care Partners are held to the highest standard of integrity and undergo a careful screening process. This includes a minimum of 10 hours orientation, DMV Drivers Record Clearance, State and Federal Criminal History Clearance, background and reference checks, TB testing, among others.
- We offer a wide variety of services including caregiver services, adult and senior home care, developmentally disabled and respite care, hospice and palliative caregiving, veteran’s assistance and many others. You can choose the services you want and the Care Partner!
- We offer services to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
What are you waiting for? Book us now receive top quality professional treatment from the comfort of your home!
7 Benefits of Home Care
It is no secret that many people prefer to stay at home when they are ill. After visiting the hospital, individuals want to be in the comfort of their own home while they heal. This is the same for the elderly; most, if not all, prefer to stay at home rather than be placed in a nursing home. This why a lot of people are now opting for home care! Home care is always the best option. Here are 8 benefits of home care and 8 reasons why you should always choose this option.
1. You get much more attention: The home care professional, while in your home, is only catering to you. You get special one-on-one support! This builds a greater rapport between you and the agent.
2. It is much more affordable when compared to other options: When compared to nursing homes, home care is more affordable. The monthly cost for a private room in a nursing home can cost upwards of $8000.00 while the monthly cost for home care is very affordable.
3. You have access to a team of professionals: A wide variety of professionals make up a home care team, including speech therapists, physical therapists, and even social workers. At Visiting Hearts Care each team member is carefully screened for competence and quality.
4. Home Care Organizations provide a wide range of services: For example, at Visiting Hearts Care, we provide caregiver services, adult and senior home care, developmentally disabled and respite care, hospice and palliative caregiving, veteran’s assistance and many others.
5. Home Care keeps you safe at home: After coming from the hospital, some individuals have had to be readmitted due to falling or other accidents. With a home care agent, you can feel much safer at home when coming from the hospital. They will help you to get around the home and reduce the risk of any accidents.
6. Family members can get a break: Not that they are complaining, but with a home care agent, your family members can get the time to do the things they love. They will not have to be catering to your needs 24/7 as they will have a trusted professional to do that for them!
7. More Social Interaction: By hiring a home care team, your family and friends can visit you more often. There are no visiting hours and time restrictions!